Nativity scenes is a popular tradition in Spain which brings joy to the whole family. That’s why it is a thrill to visit the nativity scenes associoations, brotherhoods, churches and city hall put out every year. In this Christmas the city hall has prepared a guide to 61 nativity scenes scattered all over the city.
Nativity scenes guide 2018-19
We know it’s unlikely you’ll be able to visit all 61 nativity scenes and that’s why we have prepared our own shorter version of this Nativity Scenes Guide 2018-19 which includes addresses and opening times so you can visit them all with your loved ones in one afternoon. Let’s go!!
Fotografía: Málaga Hoy
Nativity Scenes route
A. Hermandad de Nuestro Padre Jesús de la Misericordia (Religious Brotherhood)
– Address: Casa Hermandad, C/ La Serna, 1.
– Opening time: from December 10th to January the 4th. Monday through Fridays from 10:00h to 13:00h and 19:00h to 21:00h. Saturdays from 10:00h to 13:00h.
Closed on December 24th, 25th, 31rst and January 1rst.
B. Archicofradía del Paso y Esperanza
Asociación Belenista de Málaga La Alcazaba (Nativity Scene Association)
– Address: Salón de Trono C/ Hilera, 2
– Opening Time: from December 6th to January 6th, from 10:00 to 14:00 h. and 17:00 to 20:00 h. December 24th and 31rst from 10:00 to 13:00.
Closed on December 25th and January 1rst.
C. Salas Mingorance, Archivo Municipal. (Town Hall Archives)
– Address: Alameda Principal, 23.
– Opening time: Monday through Fridays from 10:00 to 13:00 h. and 17:00 to 20:00 h. Saturday and Sundays from 10:00 to 13:00.
Closed on December 25th and January 1rst. 6th and 7th.
Room I. From December 4th to January 6th.
Night of lights at the Alcazaba. In collaboration with Educa Foundation.
Room II. From December 6th to January 13th..
Andalucía Nativity Scene. Diorama exposition. The Acazaba Nativity Scene Association.
D. Real Hermandad del Rocío de Málaga. (Religious Royal Brotherhood)
– Address: Diputación Provincial, Plaza de la Marina
– Opening time: December 8th through January 8th from 12:00 to 14:30 and 17:to 21:00. December 24th and 31rst from 12:00 to 14:30.
Closed on December 25th and January 1rst and 7th.
E. Museum Carmen Thyssen (Archicofradía De Los Dolores) (Religious brotherhood)
– Address: Plaza de Carmen Thyssen, s/n.
– Opening time: November 24th through January 13th, Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 19:30.
If you want to know the history and art of our Cathedral you can join the Cathedral Tour and explore together a unique temple.
F. Congregation in Honor of Ciriaco and Paula (Patron Saints of Málaga)
– Address: Casa Hermandad, Plaza de los Santos Mártires.
– Opening time: December 1rst through January 4th, Monday to Fridays from 18:00 to 20:30. Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 to 14:00 and 18:30 to 20:30.
G. Cofradía de Estudiantes ( Zegrí Cultural Association)
– Address: C/ Alcazabilla, 3.
– Opening time: December 5th through January 5th. Monday to Friday from 10:30 to 13:30 and 17:30 to 20:00.
H. Town Hall Nativity Scene
– Address: Málaga Town Hall. Avenida de Cervantes, 4.
– Opening time: December 6th through January 6th from 10:00 to 14:00 and 17:00 to 21:00.
I. Museum Revello del Toro
Asociación Belenista de Málaga La Alcazaba y Hermandad del Descendimiento.
– Address: Museo Revello de Toro, C/ Afligidos, 5.
– Opening time: December 8th through January 6th, Tuesday to Saturdays from 10:00 to 20:00 h. Sundays and Holidays from 10:00 to 14:00 h.
Closed on Mondays.
J. Monumental Nativity Scene at The Cathedral.
Nativity Scenes association La Alcazaba
– Address: Santa Iglesia Catedral, Plaza del Obispo s/n
– Opening time: December 2nd through January 6th, from 10:00 to 14:00 h. and 17:00 to 20:30 h.
Closed December 24th (afternoon), 25th (morning), 31 st afternoon, January 1 st(morning), 5th (afternoon) and 6th (morning).
We recommend not leaving the Cathedral without visiting all the different Christmas Scenes, “escaping Egypt”, “Napoli Nativity Scene”, “Maria annunciation” and “begging for shelter”.
We hope you love of this one-day Nativity scene guide 2018-19.